Are you looking to start doing Affiliate Marketing with Amazon? In this post, I am going to cover the main important steps you should take in order to become a successful Amazon Affiliate.
Did you know that Amazon is the largest online retailer?
Well, luckily for us Amazon also has its own affiliate program. Their products variety and their vast commission range, makes it possible for Affiliates from different niches to take advantage of the Amazon Associates program!
Affiliate Marketing with Amazon: The Commissions
Amazon Associates commissions vary slightly, depending on the country of the Amazon store your referred product has been bought from.
Let’s just take a look at Amazon USA commissions:
- Amazon Fashion Women’s, Men’s & Kids Private Label, Luxury Beauty, Amazon Coins – 10.00%
- Furniture, Home, Home Improvement, Lawn & Garden, Pets Products, Pantry – 8.00%
- Apparel, Amazon Cloud Cam Devices, Amazon Element Smart TV (with Fire TV), Amazon Fire TV Devices, Amazon Echo Devices, Ring Devices, Watches, Jewelry, Luggage, Shoes, Handbags & Accessories – 7.00%
- Headphones, Beauty, Musical Instruments, Business & Industrial Supplies – 6.00%
- Outdoors, Tools – 5.50%
- Digital Music, Grocery, Physical Music, Handmade, Digital Videos – 5.00%
- Physical Books, Health & Personal Care, Sports, Kitchen, Automotive, Baby Products – 4.50%
- Amazon Fire Tablet Devices, Dash Buttons, Amazon Kindle Devices – 4.00%
- Amazon Fresh, Toys – 3.00%
- PC, PC Components, DVD & Blu-Ray – 2.50%
- Televisions, Digital Video Games – 2.00%
- Physical Video Games & Video Game Consoles – 1.00%
- Gift Cards; Wireless Service Plans; Alcoholic Beverages; Digital Kindle Products purchased as a subscription; Food prepared and delivered from a restaurant; Amazon Appstore, Prime Now, Amazon Pay Places, or Prime Wardrobe Purchases – 0.00%
When you use OneLink (See FAQ section below), the relevant commission will automatically apply, depending on the country your affiliate link has been visited from!
How to Promote Amazon Products on Your Website
In order for you to promote a product, you need to first write a post on your website in which you will insert your affiliate link.
There are different types of posts you can write to promote Amazon products on your website:
- Single Product Reviews
- Products Comparisons
- Best of Lists
Let’s look at each one of these individually:
Single Product Reviews
You found a great product you want to promote on your website and want to dedicate a whole post to this product. What steps should you take to write a great review?:
- Make sure your product is a best-seller to maximise the chances of getting visitors to your review post
- Find the right keyword for your product – High volume/Low competition
- Write a catchy title that will make users want to click on it, for example: “Samsung Galaxy S10 – 5 Reasons It Is the Best Phone Yet”
- Write a thorough review, stating Pros and Cons of the product and covering as many details as you can
- Insert your affiliate link 2 or 3 times within the post. Do not exaggerate, as Google does not like to see too many affiliate links in a single post. This is because Google rewards articles that provide value to the users, rather than posts trying to sell
- Ensure you follow all the On page SEO rules, such as using meta description, inserting internal links and so on
- Post your review
- Perform Off page SEO
Writing this sort of posts, gives you a great opportunity to make your visitors choose one product over the other, yet you will get commission regardless of your visitor’s choice 😉
Here is how you go about writing products comparisons:
- Just like with the “Single Product Reviews”, do your research and find out which 2 products are the most sold at the moment of writing the post
- What do people usually search for when looking at comparisons? Most of the times it will be something like “Samsung S10 vs IPhone 10” or “Is Samsung S10 better than IPhone 10?”. Do your keyword research based on comparison type of queries, then write a catchy title
- Write an in-depth post talking about both products and explain why your readers should buy one rather than the other
- Use affiliate links for both, so that you can direct your readers to Amazon, regardless of their choice
- Do your On page SEO
- Publish your content
- Do your Off page SEO
“Best Of” Lists
These type of posts give you an even bigger chance of sending your readers to Amazon. As long as your content is valuable, users will click on the chosen product’s link and hopefully purchase it 🙂
The process is pretty much the same as the one used in writing products comparison, except that this time you will be talking about 5, 10, 20 or more products:
- Do some research on the hottest products of the same kind, for example the 10 best mobile phones
- Find a keyword suitable for a “best of” kind of post, for example “Top 10 Smartphones” or “10 Best Phones of 2019”
- Write your post, listing all the products you wish to compare. Don’t forget to give details of each one, including Pros and Cons
- Insert your affiliate link for each one of those products
- Once again, make sure you do your On page SEO
- Post your content
- And again, Off page SEO is a must
How to Find Best Sellers on Amazon (Within Your Niche)
Finding best-sellers on Amazon is pretty straight forward.
All you need to do is typing your chosen Amazon store’s URL, such as www.amazon.com followed by /Best-Sellers/zgbs/
Obviously the above only works for English-speaking countries, but you can find the “best-sellers” page of your chosen Amazon store by simply Googling something along the line of “Amazon UK Best Sellers”. Just replace “UK” with your chosen country and “Best Sellers” with the equivalent words in that language 🙂
Once landed on the Best Sellers page, you will see this sort of layout:
Click on your chosen department on the left-hand side of the screen:
You can see that you are already getting some data on rankings within that department. However, say you are writing a comparison review based on guitars. Well, you will then want to drill down some more and click on “Guitars”.
This will take you to another screen like the one above, but this time it will give you a list of best-selling guitars.
At this point, you will be given the option to choose between electric guitars, acoustic guitars and classical guitars. Once again, you can get more specific, depending on what product you want to review.
Amazon Associates Rules to Watch Out For!
When joining Amazon Associates, you will probably get so excited to start promoting their products, that you will forget to read all of their Terms and Conditions… I totally understand 😉
However, I have heard of many people who got their accounts closed due to not following certain rules.
Here are a few of the most common mistakes that could get you banned from the Amazon Associates program:
- Using your own images of the product you are promoting, rather than the images provided by Amazon via your affiliate’s URL
- Asking your friends to purchase products, using your affiliate link
- Shortening your affiliate URL
- Not displaying an affiliate’s disclosure on your website
- Manually entering prices on your review
- Using Amazon affiliate links on websites of violent or sexual nature
- Sending Amazon affiliate links via email
- Inserting Affiliate links in PDFs and eBooks
The #1 Training to Succeed in Affiliate Marketing with Amazon
There is a lot of information on the internet about promoting Amazon products on your website.
However, there is nothing better than having all you need in one single place.
I am one that loves step-by-step training that allows me to take the right action in the right moment and this is why I thoroughly recommend you learn how to do Affiliate Marketing with Amazon with my #1 recommended training!
Not only will you get to access tons of step-by-step training with regard to Amazon and other topics, but you will get to put your hands on tutorials created by the community. People like you and me who share their experiences and struggles and who can give you the solution you are looking for to be able to become a great Amazon Associate.
Join me and other great people to learn how to:
- Build your own traffic producing website
- Master social engagement
- Creat great content that attracts visitors
- Find the right keywords
- Make money with Amazon Associates and other affiliate programs
… And much more 🙂
Amazon Associates FAQ
1. How Do You Join Amazon Associates?
2. Where Do You Find Your Affiliate Links?
3. What is Amazon OneLink?
4. How Does Amazon SiteStripe work?
Are you ready to start your Affiliate Marketing with Amazon journey?
Follow my advice and head to my #1 recommended training (First 10 lessons Free and no credit card required!).
Take your time to learn and apply the knowledge and you will definitely start making money as an Amazon Associate 🙂